Recipes for Summer
Try these "berry" delicious recipes for fit summer meals.
Summertime is a great time to pick up some fresh berries at the local market. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants, which are critical to keep your body looking and feeling great. Try out these two delicious recipes. These are great options for a post workout snack.
Berry Delicious Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (enough to create your own desired liquid consistency)
Berry Protein & Oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- Cinnamon to taste
- Almond milk (enough to thoroughly cover oats)
- Optional scoop of natural peanut butter
- Microwave until cooked, then stir in 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder.
Berries are are also a great addition to fresh summer salads, vanilla Greek yogurt, or even by themselves. Enjoy!