When your chocolate chip cookies are voted the best in Louisville, you find a way to bring that deliciousness into as many homes as possible. Please & Thank You has done us all a favor and created a BIY chocolate chip cookie mix that puts you that much closer to recreating the goodness they’re most known for into the comfort of your own home. But that got us to thinking...why stop at cookies?
Here are three recipes you can try baking, using Please & Thank You’s chocolate chip cookie mix:
Maple-Nut-Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1 package Please & Thank You Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
½ cup butter, softened
½ teaspoon maple extract
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
2-3 tablespoons milk
¼ teaspoon maple extract
¼ cup chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, ½ cup softened butter, the egg and ½ teaspoon maple extract with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in ½ cup walnuts. Spread dough evenly in pan.
- Bake 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, ¼ cup softened butter, 2 tablespoons of the milk and ¼ teaspoon maple extract with spoon until smooth and fluffy. If frosting is too stiff to spread, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Frost top of bar. Sprinkle ¼ cup walnuts on top.
- Store loosely covered.
1 package Please & Thank You chocolate chip cookie mix
½ cup old-fashioned oats
½ cup caramel bits
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup canned sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in oats and caramel bits until blended. Remove ¾ cup of the cookie dough; set aside. Press remaining dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips and condensed milk over low heat 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Spread mixture on top of cookie base. Break remaining cookie dough into small pieces, and sprinkle over top.
- Bake 34-38 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 ½ hours.
- Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.
Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip-Cream Cheese Cookie Bars
1 package Please & Thank you chocolate chip cookie mix
½ cup butter, softened
4 oz (half 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all ingredients until soft dough forms. Spread dough evenly in pan.
- Bake 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- Store in airtight container.