If saving money and / or becoming more budget conscience made it onto your resolutions this year, then this is the blog post for you. And really, even if you aren’t actively trying to spend less in 2019, it’s always nice to find a good deal. Today, we’re sharing 10 things you can do in and around Louisville for $10 or less. Know of something we could add? Share it with us by tagging @lifestylecommunities on Facebook or Instagram.
1) Get a Maple Bacon Doughnut from Nord's Bakery. Smothered with maple frosting and topped with a slice of crispy bacon. Cost: About $1.
2) Indulge with one of the "Best Chocolate Chip Cookies" at Please & Thank You, a favorite coffee shops and bakery of ours. Cost: Under $2 each.
3) Go for a walk or ride a bike across the Big Four Bridge to Jeffersonville, Indiana. Cost is free.
4) Visit the final resting place of Louisville’s own Muhammad Ali. The Greatest is buried at Cave Hill Cemetery. Cost is free.
5) Satisfy your sweet tooth (again) at Muth’s Candies with one of their famous Modjeskas, a caramel-covered marshmallow. Cost: Under $1 each.
6) Tour Angel’s Envy, a prominent distillery in Downtown Louisville. Cost: Under $10.
7) Slushie, anyone? Get a Bourbon Slushie at Feast BBQ in NuLu. Cost: Starting at $6.
8) Tap into your artistic side with a visit to the 21c Museum Hotel. Cost is free.
9) Tour the Old Louisville neighborhood, home to one of America’s largest collection of Victorian homes. Cost is free.
10) Search for a vintage treasure at Joe Ley Antiques. Housed in a former 19th-century schoolhouse, this local antique shop features three floors of classic toys, furniture, architectural salvage and so much more. Cost is free.